Monday, May 28, 2007

Groom Cakes Part 1


Everyone remembers the ardvark red velvet cake from Steel Magnolias, right? Well the grooms cake has roots in the south but its making a come back and moving north. I seem to be getting this request a lot and I love to brainstorm on ways to surprise the groom, and ways to involve him.

These days a grooms cake is usually themed after something personal to the groom. I have seen a cake decorated like a baseball, a golf putting green or even a football helmet. I surprised my hubby to be with a guitar shaped cake in his favorite chocolate flavor - we ate it at the rehearsal dinner.

Whatever you decide make sure you find out your grooms favorite flavor! Check out Ace of Cakes on the Food network for some truly amazing designs.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin