Monday, July 13, 2009

Wedding Professional Chats

Business Name: Fresh.Designs.Florist.Incorporated
Names: Susan Davis
Phone: 610-459-1608
Website Address: www.freshdesignsflorist.com

How and why did you get into flowers and then into wedding flowers?
My business partner and I wanted to do something artistic, creative and original. I had always wanted to work in the wedding industry because I am a hopeless romantic. We tried our hand at a few things and ended up doing flowers. One of out first large jobs was for President Jimmy Carter at the Ballroom at the Ben. We were pretty new in business so that was very exciting!

How many years have you been doing this?
We have been in business for 21 years! Began in 1988.

How would you describe your style?
We love very full lush arrangements and tend to stay with the most current trends. Our style can be soft and romantic, classically elegant or contemporary and clean. It just depends on the brides vision. We listen to her ideas and create her dreams.

What is your favorite aspect of your job?
Working with all the different styles of bouquets depending on the bride.

What is your favorite flower?
I love Vibernum. It is only available for a short time and it makes everything look instantly beautiful when added to any arrangement.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Nature, Television, Art, Magazines and my brides!

Anything else we should know about you?
We are a passionate family business. Everyone who works here has done so for many years! My husband and I just adopted two babies, now 12 months and 7 months old. They come to the shop and love to play with the flowers. So we have a wide range of ages working with us! I have my masters degree in counseling and this helps me to hear my clients and help them to navigate through the details of a wedding!

What is your Dream vacation?
I want to go to Egypt, the Holy Land and Greece!

What can’t you live without?
Chocolate and Coffee!

And your favorite quote?
Proverbs...."An empty barn stays clean but there is no profit from an empty barn" and "the vision is achieved through much work!"

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin