Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wedding Professional Chats

Douglas Benedict Photography
Douglas Benedict
610.217.6455
www.DouglasBenedict.com
Blog: http://douglasbenedict.blogspot.com/

I discovered wedding photography four years ago while I was working as a staff newspaper photographer. I photographed my first wedding for a friend of a friend and was hooked from the beginning!

Wedding photography offered everything I wanted in photography: beautiful and emotional imagery.

My years as a working journalist serves me well in wedding reportage. I am not interested in posing or forcing a lot of situations. I prefer to get out of the way and let couples have their wedding and photograph what I see in front of me. I love the real.

The best thing about my job - and this I didn't expect - was the wonderful relationships I've developed with my clients over the years. I may start a wedding day knowing very little about my couple. But after spending the entire day with them - one of the most important days of their lives - you can't help but feel close to a couple. I am continually moved by weddings and love to just be able to be a part of them. Today I have close friends that I met because they were clients.

My wedding coverage starts at $4,300 which includes no limitation on time or venues.

You should know that I am the father of two boys and the husband of the best wife in the world. It's funny, but I just know that my own marriage and family life is a big influence on my work. The wedding day is the first step of a long, wonderful path.

My dream vacation has no computers or cell phones. It has a hot sun, my family and usually sand.

What lengths haven't I gone to in order to get the perfect image? I have been in trees, muddy ditches and moving vehicles. I have hung from the tops of buildings, shot from helicopters and church steeples. The best images are always earned!

I could not live without my family, camera or regular exercise.

Favorite quote: "Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. " Henri Cartier Bresson

I have many favorite places and venues, primarily in New York and Philadelphia. I love the Tribeca Rooftop in NYC as well as the Philadelphia Cricket Club, Union League and Crystal Tea Room.





No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin