Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Under Wraps

During a conversation with a client of mine having a Russian Orthodox ceremony the bride mentioned that she had to have her shoulders covered for the ceremony. So she had a lace bolero jacket made to match the design on her gown.

This got me thinking about where get them if they weren't made with your dress and is it better to have them made.
Well here are some that I found:

Mikaella: simple jacket for about $500


Carmella Sutera: Alençon lace jacket $920


Carolina Herrera: crochet jacket $1890


Justin Alexander: dress and lace jacket $1500


Paloma Blanca: lace jacket $1500+

So I am thinking maybe asking your seamstress to make you something - especially if you plan to only wear it during the ceremony.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Ah, a topic that is dear to my heart. I will be ordering my dress soon, and in the process my seamstres will ask for extra material from the designer, and she will use this material to create sleeves for me. This is very common in Utah, where most brides are LDS, and it's actually quite fun to design such a personal addition to my gown.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin