Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wedding Professional Chats

Business Name: Eventions Productions
Names: Rian Winther: Production Manager/ Head Lighting Designer
Phone: 610-485-5900
Website Address: www.eventionsproductions.com

How and why did you get interested in the business? I was very fortunate to start doing professional theater while in high school and college. I learned so much about lighting and sound from the pro’s in the industry. I’m very lucky that I have a job that I can take that knowledge from the theater and use it in a different and creative way.

Why is lighting so important at a wedding? It completely changes the look and feel of a room. What once was in darkness can now be highlighted. Take your centerpieces for instance, you pay all this money for all these beautiful flowers and they sit in the dark all night. Why not highlight what is important to you. Not to mention what it can do for your photos and videography. I don’t know one photographer that doesn’t prefer to have lighting at an event.

What is your favorite aspect of your job? The initial design to the final product. I love watching when a bride and groom walk into the room for the first time. So far, I’ve made 6 brides cry(in a good way of course)!!

If a client has a limited budget what is a must have as far as lighting? I would say uplighting and a textured dance floor wash. Those two options go a long way on a tight budget.

Anything else we should know about Eventions? We are really excited about our new virtual lighting designer on our website. A potential client can design the lighting for a ballroom using our virtual ballroom, submit their design to us and get a quote. So far we have gotten a lot of great feedback from it.

What is your Dream vacation? I’m a big fan of Europe. I would say an all expenses paid 2 week trip to Paris, Rome, Barcelona and then one week in the Bahamas to relax. I don’t think that’s too much to ask!!

What can’t you live without? My girl, my cats and pasta.

Do you have a favorite Philly area venue? There are a ton to choose from. Right now I would say Artesano Iron Works. It’s beautiful, very cool and different from the cookie cutter places.

And your favorite quote? If we don’t learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin